Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Johnny Boy, The SLIP


I read something the head of Asmathic Kitty wrote about reporting/reviewing/etc bands and it has made me more conscious of the things I say about bands. He said something along the lines of 'These are real people who suffer and slave etc to make music for you etc and it is your responsibilty to report accurately and fairly etc', which is true (kinda). So I will behave that way from now on.

This band is a one hit wonder. Their other music is not as good as this and neither are the remixes. I could be wrong, which would be nice. But what a song this one is. It's so completely great. These two woke up one day and made a song that said 'The Crystals were cool, Tommy Jane was cool, I liked the 60's stuff, but I'm completely hip in a cool 21st Century way.' And it doesn't lie.

Johnny Boy - You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve [MP3]

MySpace: Here






This song has all that casual ease of a warm twilight's good-hearted conversation over a smooth whiskey.

This melodic little number goes out to all the people with birthdays this time of year.

The SLIP - Children of December [MP3]

MySpace: Here
Website: Here



Johhny Boy - Generation

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home