Friday, October 20, 2006

Dirty Projectors


Nat is currently touring with Dirty Projectors as their bassist. Dirty Projectors is the brainchild of David Longstreth, and is best described by this review from the Portland Mercury:
So, check it, I toootally made the bonehead mistake of listening to the new Dirty Projectors EP, New Attitude, after smoking a gangload of medicinal-grade weed and the shit WWE-smackdowned me and cooked my little brain like a delicious ham and cheese omelet. The seven tracks made no sense; I had no reference points for what I was hearing. I knew there were guitars but since when did guitars sound like they were playing notes on a steel bass drum instead of steel strings and frets? Were those really Hare Krishna chants, or was I that blunted? Was their drummer dropping beats backward while the band played lead and rhythm lines with screwdrivers on a basement's water piping? Like, WTF, yo! Looney Tunes thing is, I listened to it the next day and it sounded exactly the same. Dirty Projectors, you're my new best buddy. Let's kick it again sometime. Your crunktastical music. My confused but loving ears. Bong not required.

Dirty Projectors - Imagine It [MP3]

MySpace: Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home